bctcomics.com
September 02, 2014, 11:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Books, Comics & Things official forum! Please do not SPAM these boards.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Star Wars SAGA Edition campaign  (Read 6551 times)
rickgelz
Henchman

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »

Since Colin is ending his Imperial Academy campaign (at least as an in person game) because of leaving town, I have decided to take a shot at running a campaign. I haven't run any RPGs in over 10 years, so I'll probably be a little rusty, but I think I can do something we'll all have fun with.

The campaign will be set in the Rebellion era, roughly a year after the Battle of Yavin. My idea is to, at least initially, explore a fringe element of the Galactic Civil War. The party will start out on Nar Shaddaa, and become members of a ship's crew. Eventually, the party will be able to decide how they want to proceed. They'll be able to continue as part of the ship's crew, try to get their own ship, or be able to join the Rebellion.

The first session will be this coming Saturday, June 21, at 10:30 (same as Colin's campaign was). I've had 2 people express interest, and I'd like to have 3 to 5 (I'm not comfortable enough with the rules to handle more). We'll start by making up characters since I know not many have the SAGA book (tsk, tsk), and if time permits after everyone has enough time to finish, I'll do the beginning/introducing each other part of the first adventure. I have books to reference for homeworld info and random name generators, and I'd really like everyone to have some idea of their characters's background. Part of the reason I'm starting on Nar Shaddaa is it's kind of an Outer Rim crossroads where people from any background could find themselves if they're looking to find work on a ship, explore the galaxy, or hide from authorities.

Stats will be done using the standard point-buy system in the rulebook. I'm not allowing Jedi as a character class, but I may be willing to allow Force Sensitivity if someone really has their heart set on it. The only races from the rulebook not allowed are Ewok (takes place before ROTJ) and Trandoshans (I have something planned that would make them very impractical). I also have SAGA info for Devaronians, Pau'ans, Bith, and I can probably extrapolate others from RCR stats if I have them. When you buy equipment, you'll have to pay the license fee for restricted items, but you won't have to make the diplomacy checks. For items with military availability or higher, you'll either need to make the diplomacy check in addition to the fee, or you'll have to buy it blackmarket. (If that doesn't make sense, I'll explain when you make up the character.)

If you're interested, please post here or PM me, and, of course, show up on Saturday.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:38:04 AM by rickgelz » Logged
rickgelz
Henchman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:58:24 AM »

Well, only one person showed up on the 21st, so we'll try again for July 5. Hopefully, the holiday weekend won't keep everyone away. Of course, we're gamers so we don't really go outdoors, right? Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: